Properties worth millions of Naira gutted by fire in Calabar.

Properties worth millions of Naira was on Tuesday gutted by fire at No. 22 Mount Zion road by Uwanse, Calabar South Local Government Area of Cross River State.

An eye witness identified as Ekanem Edem Nsa, who spoke with our correspondent said that the fire incident was caused by some electrical faults.

Although no life was lost, the officers of the fire service were there to put out the fire. A victim of the fire incident lamented bitterly, his house which also serves as his laundry shop was burnt down. He, as at the time of this interview was not left with even a bathroom slippers and also told our correspondent that he has no place to sleep this night.

Reacting to the sad event, a fire fighter, Effiong Henshaw who is an officer of the Fire service Commission, complained of the lack of relevant facilities to enable the Fire Service Corp fight fire incidence efficiently and pleaded that the government look into this menace to avoid further damages that may arise due to fire outbreaks. He also on the other hand warned citizens to desist from activities which are capable of leading to fire outbreaks, such as leaving electrical appliances on when leaving the house, storing petroleum product in the house, among others.

Residence and victims of the fire outbreak have also begged and asked that the government and Nongovernmental organisations come to their aid.

2 thoughts on “Properties worth millions of Naira gutted by fire in Calabar.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.